Friday, July 7, 2017

Revisiting Up the Mtn poem #233, on page 72


       For me this image, these words epitomize my experience, my life in the Pacific Northwest, and in particular in the Willamette National Forest. This particular night , almost the last day of august was to be what the meteorologists were calling a rare blue moon. So I went for a midnight walk and this is what I saw, what I experienced. The moonlight was projecting moonbeams of blown out light, through the trails thick forest canopy. The light blew out the leaves projecting from its dark mossy branches. It was a surreal ethereal experience, one that ended between the time it took me to create this image with my iPhone and attempting to capture it with my dslr camera. No matter, it was still a mesmerizing experience. It was an experience that symbolized for me the changing of seasons. I had started a fire in my wood stove and could feel the temperature drop that night, especially when there was no cloud cover as was the case on this night. It made me feel melancholy thinking about the summer I’d spent here in this forest, this summer, knowing it would soon be time to return to the city, and deal with the ways of life dominated by man once again

No comments:

Post a Comment